z1 Zac Efron's Reunion with Nicole Kidman After 12 Years: "We Had So Much Fun" | Latest Bollywood, Hollywood News, Movie Reviews, Star Interview, Box Office, Upcoming Movies

Zac Efron's Reunion with Nicole Kidman After 12 Years: "We Had So Much Fun"


In the Netflix romantic comedy A Family Affair, the two reconciled in a more lighthearted tone.

Zac Efron and Nicole Kidman have reunited for the romance comedy A Family Affair. People stated that they first collaborated on The Paperboy 12 years ago. Zac Efron was in a different mood when he wooed Nicole Kidman on screen over a decade ago. The two starred in the 2012 film The Paperboy, in which Efron's wide-eyed character falls for an older lady (Kidman) who is romantically involved with a convicted killer. "We had so much fun doing that, but it was crazy," replied Efron.


The two reconnected in a more lighthearted way in Netflix's romance comedy A Family Affair. This time, Efron, 36, plays a narcissistic, relationship-challenged Hollywood star who pursues the mother (Kidman, 57) of his assistant (Joey King, 24).However, regardless of what is on the page, one thing remains constant. "I'm still so enamoured with Nicole," Efron remarked. "There's a part of me that pinches myself when I realise how many people I work with. I believe it was more evident during The Paperboy because I was much younger.I remember being quite nervous at the time. It's incredibly useful when you're doing this type of work together to have a history together because it's simple," Kidman added. "You're not labouring to make history. So I don't ask, 'Can I touch you?' I'm quite trusting of Zac. Efron said, "We both feel safe, and we take care of each other." 

Kidman described the script, penned by Carrie Solomon, as a breath of new air in the rom-com genre. "We've had it from way back with older men and younger women, that's just always been the norm -- it's okay, it's completely acceptable," said Kidman. She went on: "The problem is we've not had the equivalent from all different viewpoints, with women telling the stories."

She said, "And we need game men. [Efron] came in and made the film because he said, 'I'm here to have fun, to play, and to very much be a part of this and be there for you,' for both Joey and me."

Efron worked additional hours on set, squeezing in difficult workouts as he prepared to film the wrestling sports thriller The Iron Claw. "A lot of the stuff that I was doing in preparation kind of worked its way into A Family Affair," said Efron, adding that the ice bath was just in front of my caravan. I was continually doing it since I was quite painful.."


Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: