z1 Varun Dhawan: There is a guilty pleasure in the BADLAPUR role | Latest Bollywood, Hollywood News, Movie Reviews, Star Interview, Box Office, Upcoming Movies

Varun Dhawan: There is a guilty pleasure in the BADLAPUR role

With BADLAPUR, the young & handsome actor Varun Dhawan has fulfilled his ambition of playing a dark character. But, Varun says that his ambition isn't finished yet as he will have to wait till 20th February to see whether the audience accepts his character or no.


Ask Varun if his stardom will be an advantage & he says, “We'll know soon whether the stardom is there or no on 20th February because it is an off film. I myself have gone on records and said that I don't want small children to watch BADLAPUR. This is a different audience. So, we have to see how excited they are. In fact, I am very excited to watch how people are going to react to BADLAPUR.”

Further when asked Varun how much he enjoyed this role as compared to the earlier film he said, “There is a guilty pleasure in this role. I have never broken anything or hit anyone. When I was doing these things, I was feeling very liberated being so angry near people.”


“Honestly, whenever I do a film and people enter the theatre, they enter hating me. I think of it like that. And by the time they leave the theatre, they leave loving me or my character and that's when my job is done.” He added.

Varun also spoke about how lucky he has been to work with three senior directors (Karan Johar, David Dhawan & now Sriram Raghavan). “The senior directors are obviously more experienced and they know their craft really well. In a way, that is a conscious decision by me. I work with more experienced directors all the time, that is a conscious decision. Working with Sriram was amazing because I know he is a master of this genre, he knows this genre very well, so his screenplay is always guided in that way and it's an advantage for sure.”

Directed by Sriram Raghavan & produced by Dinesh Vijan & Sunil Lulla, BADLAPUR also stars Yami Gautam, Huma Qureshi, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Divya Dutta, Radhika Apte, Vinay Pathak & others. The film will release on 20th February, 2015.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: