z1 I Always Felt Like a Misfit in Bollywood : Says Sonakshi Sinha | Latest Bollywood, Hollywood News, Movie Reviews, Star Interview, Box Office, Upcoming Movies

I Always Felt Like a Misfit in Bollywood : Says Sonakshi Sinha

Sonakshi Sinha has had a mixed run at the box office recently with Bullett Raja biting the dust while R...Rajkumar hit the bulls’ eye. The latter of course brought with it rumours of a great friendship with co-star Shahid Kapoor but Ms Sinha typically brushed them off. What she is excited about is her next crop of movies that will prove to be crucial to her career. The promos of Holiday with favourite hero Akshay Kumar have just been released and they look very promising. Moreover, at the recently concluded IIFA, she also stunned everyone with her slim n trim avatar and confidence on stage. No wonder Shotgun Sinha’s daughter is in such a happy space now...

Your father Shatrughan Sinha has said, in the industry be the best and if you cannot, then be different. How seriously do you follow this advice?
I think it’s a very good piece of advice. Since the beginning of my career I don’t think I really strived to be perfect. I personally cannot relate to it …I feel everybody has certain imperfections which make them human and the masses and the common people appreciate that. This is probably why I have made a connection with them. I’m definitely trying to make my own path and do my work diligently and differently. I think people have noticed this innate quality in me; I have been told I am different and stand out. So yes, I think it’s the best piece of advice my father gave me.

Considering your dad was a mega star, how did you react to his compliment that he should learn acting from you?
I think I was flat out, walking on air when he told me this! He paid me this compliment after he saw Lootera and he really liked my performance. It’s the ultimate compliment for me. For him to say something like that was really overwhelming!

What makes you different from the other contemporary actresses in the industry?
(After a thoughtful pause) I am not sure if I can answer this question because it’s just that I always felt like a misfit in the industry. I never really tried to be anybody, I have always been my own person. Despite all the pressure of conforming to a certain weight, I have always held my own.
What are the three things we do not know about Sonakshi Sinha…
Well, for starters, I’m a left-hander. Secondly I am really good Scrabble player and lastly I don’t know how to cook ((laughs)!

Your movie with Saif Ali Khan Bullett Raja was much hyped but failed at the box office. What’s your take?
The movie received mixed reviews. To be honest, I have never signed a film based on how well it will do at the box-office. I really wanted to work with Tigmanshu Sir and I have achieved that by doing this film. So I am satisfied with it. I learnt a lot when doing this film and I was happy.

You have worked with Prabhudeva in two movies and will be back with him in Action Jackson. Can you tell us two qualities of his that you admire?
I thoroughly respect Prabhu Sir because I just love watching the kind of cinema he makes. The two qualities that I really admire in him is his patience. He is very controlled as a person as well as a director. Secondly, he is one of the few people who values time; he will not waste time on the sets at all.

There is a lot of buzz about your budding friendship with Shahid Kapoor. What’s going on?
I didn’t know Shahid before we started shooting for R…Rajkumar. He is an amazing actor. And I would definitely call him a good friend from the industry now. I think we shared a genuine and comfortable working rapport and we gelled well during the shoot of R… Rajkumar. I would now say that we share a very reliable and great friendship.

You are doing four movies a year, don’t you feel exhausted?
On the contrary, I love it. I think I would have been exhausted if I didn’t like my work. I have become a certified workaholic! I don’t think I want to slow down because I thoroughly enjoy my work. I love the routine of waking up in the morning and going on the sets, shooting all day long and then getting back home.

How do you manage to get some me-time? What do you find the most daunting part of your job?
I don’t really have any me-time. And I think for now, I’m okay with this because I enjoy working. But I make sure I have fun at work. I’m always surrounded by a nice team on the sets and we entertain each other all day long. There’s always a positive atmosphere on the sets. So I’m very happy.

You wowed us with your dance moves in ‘Gandi baat’; will we see you doing solo items numbers in future too?
There’s nothing in store yet. But yes, I’m doing another film with Prabhu Sir and I can assure you that there will be a lot of dancing!

Do you think item tracks are a compulsion in Bollywood?
I don’t think it’s a compulsion as such. But it’s entertaining and it’s fine if they are good songs and add to a film. What works for the film, works for the film, right?
Describe the following co-actors in a sentence each:
Salman Khan: A superstar who doesn’t take his stardom seriously.
Ranveer Singh: (Laughs) Hyperactive!
Shahid Kapoor: Extremely dedicated!
Saif Ali Khan: A nawab in the true sense of the word!

What’s next in line for Sonakshi?
My next movie is A R Murgadoss’ Holiday with Akshay Kumar. And I have started shooting for Action Jackson with Prabhu Sir. Then there are a couple of other projects that I have begun work on. 
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: