z1 Shah Rukh Khan, Rishi Kapoor on Farmer's Death: Stop the Blame Game | Latest Bollywood, Hollywood News, Movie Reviews, Star Interview, Box Office, Upcoming Movies

Shah Rukh Khan, Rishi Kapoor on Farmer's Death: Stop the Blame Game

"NOBODY KILLS THEMSELVES TO END THEIR LIFE. THEY DO SO TO END THE PAIN," SHAH RUKH KHAN POSTED ON TWITTER


As politicians from various parties rushed to assign or dodge blame after the suicide of a farmer at a political rally yesterday, Twitter was scathing in its criticism. Actors Shah Rukh Khan and Rishi Kapoor were among those who reacted most strongly.

SRK tweeted:
“Nobody kills themselves 2 end their life, they do so 2 end the pain.” Take a moment,feel the pain not look for gain & stop the blame game!


Rishi Kapoor said:
Shame.I know rallies attract thousands,some perched on trees but you kept at the mike and people applauding when he threatened suicide? Sad!


He also argued that the new land bill that was discussed at the rally would hurt India's farmers, drawing a cinematic parallel:
Sorry.I am not for governments land acquisition.At 11% of India's food bank against most of worlds 30%,I think it's wrong.Agreed Congress!

By acquiring land for industrialisation,we will kill the farmer.We need to reinstate him. Insure him.Ensure him.Think of alternatives please


Naheen toh I foresee Manoj Kumars "Upkar" story. One farmer son,one son city boy. Again burdening cities and farming future in doldrums.

A 41-year-old farmer, believed to be a resident of Dausa in Rajasthan, hanged himself from a tree at an Aam Aadmi Party rally in Delhi on Wednesday. As he climbed a tree, he flung down what was perceived to be a suicide note. It read: "I am a farmer's son. My father drove me out of the house because my crop failed. I have three children. I am from Rajasthan. Please tell me, how do I go home? Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan."

The Delhi Police are investigating whether the death was a suicide or an accident.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: