z1 “I’ve always cheated on my kisses” – Kajal Aggarwal | Latest Bollywood, Hollywood News, Movie Reviews, Star Interview, Box Office, Upcoming Movies

“I’ve always cheated on my kisses” – Kajal Aggarwal

The gorgeous Kajal Aggarwal has done 45 films so far and has never kissed on screen. This is rare given the fact that she’s the queenbee of South films. Kajal giggles at that and admits she’s become an expert on how to fake an onscreen kiss. “I’ve always cheated on my kisses. In fact, I believe I cheat brilliantly. I’ve been stern about this one thing. I was never okay about getting intimate on screen unless it was absolutely required,” reveals the actress who has legions of fans down South.

But she chose to break the rule and confront her taboo in Do Lafzon Ki Kahani opposite Randeep Hooda. That her performance as a visually challenged girl won her raves was more than reassuring for the talented artiste. Ask her what made her change her resolve in this particular case, and  she offers an explanation and sweetly apologises for it too. “I might sound clichéd but to be honest the story here did demand it. How else would a blind girl project her feelings and express herself, if she didn’t get physical? Of course, I was hesitant and edgy. But once I understood its importance, I was okay.”


She adds that she took inspiration from Rani Mukerji, whose lip lock with Amitabh Bachchan in Black (2005) created quite a stir. “Rani played a visually impaired girl in Black and she kissed
Mr Bachchan. A senior man kissing a young girl can get weird. But everyone understood the artistic expression behind it. It’s more about sensitivity, feelings and emotions.”
 Coming back to her hot co-star Randeep, she insists they are good buddies. Their friendship developed during the workshops they did together because their scenes required certain chemistry. She says one needs to break the ice when it comes to doing intense scenes. She finds Randeep to be a little sweet, a little moody but a nice guy overall. “He’s got a clean heart. You can make that out in his conversations. He’s immensely talented and on top of his game. He’s professional and passionate about his job.” They shared a good rapport as the movie chugged along. “We were like total buddies but we also fought like cats and dogs. But I guess that’s how buddies behave. We had conflicting opinions but we would find a middle ground.”

Though she went the extra mile for Do Lafzon Ki Kahani, she still has reservations about the onscreen kissing premise and would still want to avoid doing it as far as possible. “Honestly, I love watching it on screen myself,” she admits. “I’ve nothing against it or people who do it.” She goes on to add that she would never have done it if she was not convinced about it. “Do Lafzon… was not a film about sex but an intense love story. I wouldn’t have gone through it had it not added depth to my character.”

The actor, who wowed us in Hindi hits Singham and Special 26, reveals having losing out brilliant projects because of her old-world values, many of them with actors or directors she would have given an arm or a leg to work with. She says she can’t make herself do something she’s hugely uncomfortable with. “I don’t want to embarrass the director either. There have been times when I’ve discussed films right till the end only to drop out because the director and I couldn’t see eye to eye when it came to intimate scenes. I’ve paid the price of living on my own terms right from the onset of my career,” she says the fire in her eyes evident. Interestingly, she’s someone who believes one can look sexy in a full-sleeved T- shirt or a high neck polo top. She does admit to finding skimpily clad people hot on screen though. “If you have a hot body then please by all means flaunt it. I’m not against people who do it. But I have certain boundaries that I’d like to respect.”

Her sexy silhouette has inspired many a glamorous photo-spreads. In fact, with her kind of sex-appeal and charm, men would be vying for her attention. She takes a deep breath saying a relationship would prove to be a distraction at this point. She believes one needs to focus one’s energies into a relationship and she’s not in that mindscape right now. “Work is priority for me. I’d like to give the relationship my best and not just treat it like some random thing in my life,” says the actor. She insists relationships need to be nurtured and feels sad about the way young people treat them so casually. “Today, nobody has the time, patience or the bandwidth to deal with each other. We are all used to instant gratification. No one’s willing to work towards it. Everyone’s like, if it’s happening for me, good or else I’ll move on, find someone else...”

It’s reassuring to know that the dreamgirl hasn’t given up on love. In fact, she views it as a precious experience. It pinches her when she’s holidaying with friends and she’s the only one single. Though there’s no Prince Charming in sight as of now she confides she’s got her eyes peeled for Mr Right. Her eyes take on a sapphire glow as she describes her would-be beau. “I can’t respect a man if he’s not successful. We all reach a certain point in our lives where we need to look up to someone. So I need the man to be worthy enough, someone who can inspire me. He has to have a certain zing, certain self-confidence. He needs to be supremely well-read and look good,” she smiles adding, “But looks aren’t a priority. I expect someone decent looking though not exactly like Brad Pitt.” Maybe she needs to cut herself some slack, get herself a mate, have some ‘me’ time but the workaholic is consumed by the excitement of her profession. “I feel there’s so much more to do. I haven’t yet worked with filmmakers like Imtiaz Ali, R Balki, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Rajkumar Hirani.” Given the spunk and sass she has, we wish her dreams come true.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: