z1 Mallika Sherawat on her attack: `I don't blame Paris for it. The incident has left me humbled.' | Latest Bollywood, Hollywood News, Movie Reviews, Star Interview, Box Office, Upcoming Movies

Mallika Sherawat on her attack: `I don't blame Paris for it. The incident has left me humbled.'

Actor Mallika Sherawat has opened up about the attack on her in her Paris home by claiming that though the incident was traumatic, it has humbled her as well.

In an interview to CNN, she says that there are millions of women, children, and underprivileged people everywhere who are at the risk of criminal attacks all the time. “It has really hit home there are millions of underprivileged men and women who face this terror on a daily basis. So the incident has also been very humbling,” says Sherawat.

She adds that nobody should face this fear of getting robbed anytime, the mental, physical and emotional torture that one goes through or the fear of looking over your shoulder all the time.
Six weeks ago, Hollywood sensation Kim Kardashian was also robbed at gunpoint in the 16th arrondissement, one of the more posh localities of Paris. While Kardashian had left the city immediately, Sherawat says that she does not blame the city for the attack.

“It can happen anywhere. It can happen to anyone – public, non-public, man, woman or child. A crime is a crime. I am not going to change the way I live because of the attack. I am not going to be cowed down by it. I am a strong woman,” she says.

On the contrary, Sherawat states that support has poured in from all quarters, whether it is the local police, friends, social media and even strangers. “The other day an old woman came up to me. I am assuming she must have read about the attack somewhere. She just came up to me and asked me gently if I was okay. To get such kind of support from the community is really great.”

Sherawat and her French boyfriend Cyrilee Aluxefans were attacked by a group of intruders in her apartment building rue de la Faisanderie in the 16th arrondissement. They sprayed tear gas on both of them and then began to beat them. They tried to snatch Sherawat’s bag but soon backed off when the actor protested. Sherawat has suffered multiple bruises and marks and Aluxefans, a businessman, has suffered minor injuries, according to the news report by CNN.
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: